The Value of DBSA Support Groups:
No one with depression or bipolar disorder needs to feel alone. The support groups are volunteer-facilitated and provide people living with depression or bipolar disorder the opportunity to find comfort and direction in a confidential and supportive setting.
- Provide a safe and welcoming place for mutual acceptance, understanding and self-discovery.
- Give the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have “been there.”
- Motivate to follow treatment plans.
- Help to understand that mood disorders do not an individual.
- Help rediscover strengths and humor.